Call for Applications for SEAA Public Relations Officer
The Society for East Asian Archaeology is looking for a volunteer Public Relations Officer who will work closely with the Social Media Coordinator, the Web Editor, the Regional Representatives, and the SEAA Executive Board to promote SEAA and develop and provide content for the SEAA membership via various channels. We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing, creative young scholar to work with us on these tasks.
Key responsibilities of the SEAA Public Relations Officer include:
- Overseeing the promotion of SEAA and its activities through various channels;
- Working with the Social Media Coordinator and Web Editor to find relevant content to post on the website and various social media platforms;
- Coordinating the SEAA Regional Representatives in finding out about both requirements and opportunities on the local level to share with and promote via SEAA;
- Exploring opportunities to promote SEAA, such as ensuring the presence of SEAA Members at various conferences, developing and running membership drives, and initiating and helping see through the development of content and opportunities relevant to the SEAA community;
- Working with the Social Media Coordinator on the production of a regular newsletter.
Desired qualifications and interests include:
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Strong interest in East Asian archaeology/history.
- Familiarity with one or more East Asian languages.
- Good familiarity with social media.
- Previous experience in related roles is desirable but not required.
Interested individuals should forward their CV and a short letter of introduction discussing their suitability for the position to Jina Heo, the SEAA Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted through November 30th, 2022 and will be reviewed by the Executive Board, Web Editor, and Social Media Coordinator. Finalists will be contacted to arrange a video interview before the end of December, with the selected individual announced on the SEAA website in August.
The position will last for 3 years with the possibility of renewal. The position can be terminated at any time by the board due to unsatisfactory fulfillment of duties.