SEAA Worldwide Conferences
SEAA9 (29 June to 3 July 2022 – Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea)
The Society for East Asian Archaeology (SEAA) is pleased to announce that the Ninth SEAA Worldwide Conference will be held in Daegu, South Korea from 29 June to 3 July 2022. The conference will be hosted by Professor Sungjoo LEE at Kyungpook National University (KNU) in Daegu, South Korea.
The conference offers an opportunity for researchers to present the results of their work on any of a broad range of topics relating to East Asian archaeology. We look forward to receiving proposals for presentations, posters or short films as individual proposals or in organized sessions. Contributions in all aspects of archaeology in relation to the East Asia and adjacent regions are invited. Examples of possible topics include, but are not limited to, archaeological scientific approaches to East Asian topics, theoretical themes that crosscut geographical boundaries, and papers or posters that focus on a particular site, region, or culture. We also encourage submissions focused on adjacent regions such as Southeast Asia, the Pacific, and North and Central Asia.
Examples of possible topics include, but are not limited to, archaeological scientific approaches to East Asian topics, theoretical themes that crosscut geographical boundaries, and papers or posters that focus on a particular site, region, or culture.
About SEAA Worldwide Conferences
The Society for East Asian Archaeology is dedicated to further promoting interest and research in the field of East Asian Archaeology and to enhancing international and interdisciplinary communication. One of the main activities of SEAA is organizing and attending a worldwide SEAA conference every three years with alternating loci among the major world locations. The SEAA Conference is a means for getting together, and for presenting and discussing the latest outcomes in the field of East Asian archaeology among researchers from East Asia and the world.
- Eighth Worldwide SEAA Conference, 8-11 June 2018, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China.
- Seventh Worldwide SEAA Conference, 8-12 June 2016, Harvard and Boston Universities, Cambridge and Boston (Massachusetts), USA.
- Sixth Worldwide SEAA Conference, June 2014, National University of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- Fifth Worldwide SEAA Conference, 6-10 June, 2012, Kyushu University Nishijin Plaza and Seinan Gakuin University, Fukuoka, Japan
- Fourth Worldwide SEAA Conference, 2-5 June, 2008, Institute of Archaeology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (IACASS), Beijing, PR China
- Third Worldwide SEAA Conference, 16-19 June 2004, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea.
- Second Worldwide SEAA Conference, 6-9 July 2000, University of Durham, Durham, UK.
- First World Conference of EAANetwork, 10-11 April 1996, Hilton Hawaii Village Hotel, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
In addition we had several regional conferences and roundtables in the years between the worldwide conferences.
Annual meetings of the amEAAN (the American branch of EAAN) took place from 1990 to 1997, all in conjunction with the Association for Asian Studies (AAS). Most of them were organized by Prof. Katheryn M. Linduff (University of Pittsburgh, USA).
1997 a conference of the euroEAAN (the European branch of EAAN) took place in Durham, organized by Prof. Gina L. Barnes (Durham University, England), and in conjunction with the Joint East Asian Studies Conference.
For programs and abstracts of previous conferences see: Past Conferences