Assistant Professor in Museums and Heritage
Department of Archaeology, Durhan University
£33,797 - £49,553 per annum
Application Deadline: 7:59:00 PM on March 26, 2021
The Department of Archaeology at Durham University seeks to appoint a talented individual to the role of Assistant Professor in Museums and Heritage. The University welcomes applications from those with teaching and research interests in the broad field of museums and heritage.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Substantive practical professional experience in museum/heritage work;
- Academic knowledge and experience in the field of museum and heritage studies;
- Teaching experience (academic or equivalent professional experience) in museum and heritage studies;
- An emerging track record of published research relating to the field of museums/heritage in internationally recognised publication outlets;
- A strong interest and established experience in developing engagement with museum and heritage activities internationally, particularly with reference to partners and stakeholders and to museum collections and heritage sites in East or Southeast Asia.
- An established track record of engaging with museums and/or heritage sites and organisations in collaborative projects, and an appetite to work jointly with Durham University Library and Collections, especially with the Oriental Museum, and with the Durham World Heritage Site
- Experience of working with stakeholders and with museum and heritage organisations at an international level;
- Experience of working with students from a broad geographic area, particularly international students from Asia and North America;
- An established or developing research profile in relation to museum collections and heritage sites/organisations in the geographic areas of East or Southeast Asia;
- Experience of developing postgraduate research student projects in museum and heritage studies.