The newest issue of the Bulletin of the Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities (BMFEA) in Stockholm is a special edition for the 100th anniversary of the discovery of the Yangshao Culture by Johan Gunnar Andersson. For this special event, we have created a booklet of abstracts in both English and Chinese.
The volumes can be purchased from the shop at MFEA, one just send an e-mail if outside Sweden (in Sweden it can be purchased through the web shop – and in the Museum itself, of course if one is in Stockholm), see the following link for more details: https://www.varldskulturmuseerna.se/en/Research/bulletin-of-the-museum-of-far-eastern-antiquities/
Table of Contents:
- Introduction by Eva Myrdal
- From Geoscience to Prehistory: J.G. Andersson's Researches in China 1914–1924, by Jan Romgard
- From Sima Qian to Johan Gunnar Andersson: The Internal Logic and External Drive of the Birth of Chinese Archaeology, by Chen Yantang and Chen Xi:
- Preliminary Site Prospection Along the Tao River 2011–2013: Testing the Chinese Register of Archaeological Sites, by Rowan FLAD, ZHOU Jing, Andrew WOMACK, Yitzchak JAFFE, Jada KO, Yanxi WANG, Xin SU, Pochan CHEN†, Lingyu HUNG†, LIU Bingbing, MAO Ruilin, WANG Hui, and LI Shuicheng
- Remembering Qijiaping, Forgetting Qijiaping: Archaeological Experience as Shared Heritage, by Jada Ko
- Huangniangniangtai: A Qijia Gateway Community in the Hexi Corridor by Wen Chenghao
- New Archaeological Discoveries at the Majiayao site in Lintao County, Gansu Province, by Guo Zhiwei, Li Xinwei, Zhou Jing, Wang Hui, and Chen Guoke
- Investigating Prehistoric Pottery from the Gansu-Qinghai Region (Northwest China): from Andersson's first Excavations to Contemporary Research, by Anke Hein, Andrew Womack, Ole Stilborg, and Evgenia Dammer
- A Tale of Two Wares: An Unusual Type of Late Neolithic Vessels from Gansu Province, China, by Ole Stilborg and Anke Hein
- Insights into Ceramic Use in Prehistoric Northwest China Obtained from Residue Analysis: A Pilot Study on the Andersson Collection at the Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities, Stockholm, by Jennifer Keute, Sven Isaksson, Thibaut Deviese, Anke Hein
- Rethinking Provenance Studies of Painted Neolithic Pottery from Western China, by Huan Limin.