The Department of Archaeology at the University of Cambridge is seeking to appoint a 60-month full-time Senior Teaching Associate in Archaeological Science, from 15 September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. The Senior Teaching Associate will be based in the Department of Archaeology on the Downing Site, Cambridge.
The post involves:
- Coordination of and contributions to undergraduate and graduate courses in archaeological science, which involve lectures, practicals and seminars;
- Acting as the Coordinator of the MPhil in Archaeological Science, responsible for the oversight of ca. 10 students per year;
- Contribution to other option papers as appropriate depending on the post-holder's interests;
- Some undergraduate and/or Master's dissertation supervision;
- Examination and assessment.
Candidates will need to show evidence of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good first degree and a doctorate or equivalent experience in a relevant subject area.
- Evidence of ability to teach archaeological science effectively at undergraduate and Master's level, with an emphasis on materials science.
- Good organisational abilities.
- Ability to play an effective role in the life and work of the Department.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience and knowledge of using digital teaching platforms.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 60 months, full time.
The deadline for application is 22 July 2021. Interviews will be held on 29 July 2021.
More Information on this recruitment can be found on: https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/30366/