Closing date: 30th September 2021
Winner announced: 15th November 2021
BAR Publishing is celebrating the launch of its Open Access publishing programme with a new award worth up to £10,000. The BAR Open Access in Archaeology Award 2021 will consist of the free open access publication of the winning entry. An international panel of independent experts will be looking for the most innovative contribution to the field of archaeology. Panel members: Professor Timothy Darvill, Dr Hatoon al-Fassi, Dr Cat Jarman, Professor Innocent Pikirayi, Professor Claire Smith The award is a contract with BAR for the Open Access publication of the entry chosen by the judging panel. The winning manuscript will be peer-reviewed, copyedited, typeset and proofread. The OA book will be available for free download on the BAR Digital platform, on the BAR website, and on online repositories such as Google Scholar/Google Books, DOAB and OAPEN. A print version will also be available, and the author will receive 10 free print copies. Entrants whose manuscripts are shortlisted will receive support in developing their project further.
How to enter ...
• Complete the Entry Form
• Include draft chapter or other sample material up to 7000 words
• Include table of contents & brief chapter outline
• Attach your CV/resumé
• Submit to email@example.com by the closing date
Next steps ...
• All names and projects will be listed for the judges
• Projects will be shortlisted by BAR Publishing
• The winner will be decided by the judges
• Announcements will be made via email, our website, the BAR Bulletin and other social media channels
For more information on the BAR Open Access Publishing Programme please click here.