CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Indo-Pacific Prehistory Association is inviting paper and poster contributions for the 22nd Congress to be held in Chiang Mai, Thailand from the 7th to 12th of November 2022.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 15th August 2022.
- We accept abstracts in English. If it helps to reach a wider readership, a translated version of the abstract in the author's preferred language can be included later, once the abstract has been accepted.
- Authors must be registered and be included in the IPPA mailing list to ensure receipt of all updates concerning the conference. Visit the Contact Us page to update your details.
- An author can present a maximum of two papers. This only applies to lead authors and panel chairs, e.g., as a panel chair and one paper, as a chair to two panels (but no paper presentation), or as lead author for a poster plus another paper presentation.
- In submitting the abstract, the author also grants the IPPA Secretariat and the organising committee the right to publish abstracts in the conference program, both online and in print format. The author also agrees to abide by the presentation criteria and other guidelines set by the IPPA 2022 organising committee and the session panel chair (such as time limits, structure, etc.).
- Accepted abstracts may be edited, if necessary, but it is the author's responsibility to ensure the lack of errors in its final format.
- The IPPA 2022 organising committee reserves the right to reject any abstract if it does not meet these criteria.
- All papers are to be presented in person at the IPPA22 Congress. IPPA cannot guarantee that facilities will be available for remote presentation during the conference.
INDIVIDUAL PAPERS: 15 minutes, including questions. To find a session, please take a look at the updated list of session titles submitted so far:
POSTERS: Research presented in poster/printed format to be displayed at a designated area during the conference
IPPA 2022 PRIZES
We encourage all presenters to consider submitting for the IPPA prizes.
STUDENT PRIZE: All student presenters currently enrolled in any tertiary institution (undergraduate and postgraduate degrees).
PROFESSIONAL PRIZE: All presenters who are not employed (as their main institutional affiliation) to any academic institution.
POSTER PRIZE: All IPPA members presenting their research in poster format.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM
Please use the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM to submit your paper. When you complete the form there is a drop down box where you can choose which session you would like to present in. Once the abstract is submitted we will then forward the abstract to the session organiser for consideration. There is also an option entitled 'General Session'. You can also indicate that you have not found a session yet, and we will assist in finding a suitable session for you.
Even if you have agreed to participate in a particular session, please make sure you complete the abstract submission form, and we will forward the abstracts. This will enable the committee to keep up to speed on what has been proposed for which sessions.
Please note that you do not need a Gmail or Google account to complete and send the form.
The link to the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM:
VISIT THE IPPA WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For any other questions, contact the IPPA Secretariat: email@example.com.