The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures and Stanford Archaeology Center invite applications for an one-year post-doctoral scholar position in Chinese Archaeology. The successful candidate will demonstrate prior achievement in research in Chinese Archaeology with a preference in archaeological sciences. The candidate will put forth a coherent proposal for research at Stanford University and will be expected to teach one or more courses and to engage with faculty and graduate students at the Archaeology Center. The faculty sponsor of this post-doctoral scholar is Professor Li Liu.
The appointment carries a twelve-month salary commensurate with the University Provost established minimum pay levels based on research experience. Post-doctoral scholars are required to be in residence in the Stanford area during the term of the appointment. Applicants must have received their Ph.D. by August 31, 2020 and no earlier than 2016. U.S. citizenship is not required.
The application receipt deadline is September 30, 2020. The position will begin January 2021.
Submit your materials at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/16528
All applications must include the following:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A statement of proposed research
- A dissertation abstract or summary
- An undergraduate/graduate course proposal, inclusive of syllabus
- A writing sample (dissertation chapter or other paper)
- Optional teaching portfolio
- Three sealed letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the recommender to the address above.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.