[Vol. 2] [Vol. 3]
npp are the initials and editorial anagram of north pacific prehistory, an international journal exclusively devoted to prehistory. npp has two aims: publishing works of interest to the scientific community, and promoting research and teachings in Archaeological Studies at the university level. the University Book is the printing and academic publishing house of npp.
Peer Review Process
npp is a journal dedicated to the publication of original research. All articles published in npp are submitted to the peer review process to ensure their scientific quality.
The north pacific prehistory scientific journal defends intellectual pluralism and is open to any scholar, whatever his theoretical or methodological current, working on subjects relating to the archaeology of the northern region of the Pacific Ocean. npp publishes original articles on prehistory that contribute to greater knowledge and diffusion of information pertaining to the geographical areas of the Russian Far East, oriental Siberia, Japan, Korea, Alaska and British Columbia. However, npp also accepts works leading to insights on peripheral territories, such as central Siberia, Mongolia, China, the United States or Canada, in order to examine shared questions between Greater Beringia and its surroundings
Volume 3 (2009)
(abstracts available on the website of npp)
- Late Pleistocene and Early Holocene Cultural Connections between Asia and
C. Melvin AIKENS
Irina S. ZHUSHCHIKHOVSKAYA
- Living on the Edge of the Continent: The Japanese Archipelago 30,000-8,000 cal BC
- Cultural and Environmental Change in Coastal Korea
NELSON, Sarah Milledge
- The Transition from Terrestrial to Marine Hunter-Gatherer Subsistence Practices in the Russian
KONONENKO, Nina A., CASSIDY, Jim
- Prehistoric Maritime Adaptation on the Pacific Coast of Russia:
Results and Problems of Geoarchaeological Research
KUZMIN, Yaroslav V.
- The Zaisanovka-7 site: Maritime Adaptation of Early Cultivators in Primorye
VOSTRETSOV, Yuri E.; KOROTKII, Aleksei M.; SANNIKOVA, Anastasia V.; BESEDNOV, Lev N.; RAKOV, Vladimir A.; SERGUSHEVA, Elena A.
- The Osipovka Culture of the Amur Region: Palaeogeography, Areal, Stratigraphy and Chronology
SHEWKOMUD, Igor Y.
- The Pottery of the Far Northeast of Russia and Maritime Adaptation
PONKRATOVA, Irina Y.
- The Role of Migration in Natural Resources Development by Ancient Populations of the Maritime
Cultures of Western Beringia
OREKHOV, Alexander A.
Volume 2 (2008)
(abstracts available on the website of npp)
- What if by Sea?: An Assessment of the Colonization of Coastal and Insular North America by
Maritime Societies during the Early Holocene
- Continental Shelves, Sea Levels, and Early Maritime Adaptations in the North Pacific Region
- The Rise and Fall of Native Northwest Coast Cultures
CARLSON, Roy L.
- Salmon and Models of Social Complexity on the Northwest Coast
HANSON, Diane K.
- The Impact of Sea Water Temperature Fluctuation on Prehistoric Maritime Hunter-Gatherer-Fishers:
A Case Study from Southern California
GLASSOW, Michael A.
- The Cross Creek - Diablo Canyon Complex of South Central California: Mid-latitude Pacific
Foragers at the Pleistocene-Holocene Boundary
JONES, Terry L.; FITZGERALD, Richard T.; PORCASI, Judith F.
- Dietary Patterns of Paleocoastal California: A Regional Synthesis of Terminal Pleistocene
PORCASI, Judith F.
Volume 1 (2007)
- The Prehistory of Eastern Asia
KONONENKO, Nina A.; CASSIDY, Jim
- A Historical and Theoretical Contextualization of Primorye Archaeology
- Rethinking the Ustinovka Complex: Lithic Technology and Raw Material in Palaeolithic Microblade Industries of Primorye (Russian Far East)
GÓMEZ COUTOULY, Yan Axel
- Some Questions Pertaining to the Stratigraphy and Dating of Sites with Microblade Industry in Primorye
GARKOVIK, Alla V.; KOROTKII, Anatoliy M.
- On the Problem of Classification of Microblade Industry Sites with Mixed Cultural Layers in the Mesolithic of Central Yakutia (on Materials from the Tuymaada Valley)
DYAKONOV, Victor M.
- Archaeological Investigations on Sakhalin Island in 2004: Within the Framework of the Sakhalin II Oil and Gas Project
SHUBINA, Olga A.
- Fortified Settlements of the Chasi Type on Kunashir Island: Kurile Isles of the Russian Far East
SAMARIN, Igor A.; SHUBINA, Olga A.
- Ceramics of the Iron Age from the Tuymaada Valley
STEPANOV, Aleksandr D.; DYAKONOV, Victor. M.